Friday, September 3, 2010

30 more days!!!

So according to my countdown there are 30 more days til  The Smuttynose Half Marathon.  It seems to be coming up very fast! 
This past week my training has been....well, non existent.  I had a great long run on Sunday and I have not done a single thing since then.  It has just been way too hot to run.  I suppose I could have been doing some light strength training, some pilates, or stretching.  This weekend I will be away, and I will be packing my running stuff and I hope to get out for a run, but I can't make any promises on that!  Sooooo, what I guess will end up happening will be a fresh start on Monday.   On Monday I will be returning to my serious training, which will include watching what I eat, getting plenty of sleep and making sure I am well hydrated. 

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."- Steve Prefontaine

No comments:

Post a Comment