Monday, August 23, 2010

Ch, Ch, Ch Changes......

This week I am on week 11 of my half marathon training with 40 something days to go!  I have been slacking a bit so this week is sort of a re-dedication week....BUT, this week is full of changes!
1. I go back to work 8:30- 12:30
2. My kids go back to school
3. My son is starting middle school and will need to get up earlier to get the bus

What does all this mean for my training?  It means I will have to make some changes.  I can't run at 5:00 in the morning because while I might be up, the sun is not.
Here is what my week looks like:
Monday:  strength and stretch...check!
Tuesday:  5 mile run
Wednesday:  3 mile run or cross
Thursday:  5 mile run + strength training
Friday:  Rest
Saturday:  50 minute cross training (hoping for a nice bike ride on some trails)
Sunday:  8 mile run (can't wait!!!)
I am expecting Tuesday and Wednesday to be the hardest days to get my runs in....I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment