Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week 5

This week I start week 5 of my half marathon training.  I feel great that I have made it this far BUT......it sure has not been easy.  For starters the weather here in NH has been unbelievably hot and humid (for NH) so my runs have either been first thing in the morning (it was still humid) or not at all.  I also had a busy weekend celebrating my darling niece's birthday and was not at home and did not bring my running shoes (what was I thinking??!!).  Soooo.....because of these factors, I have decided to modify my schedule to repeat the last couple of weeks before moving on.  I know I have time to do this and I think it will be very beneficial since I will not be ready to make the increases in mileage this week that I am supposed to make.  Well, there is a chance that I would be fine, but I don't want to take any chances!!
I found this great quote that I just have to share:
"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day.  It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp, or are you going to be strong today?'"- Peter Maher, two-time Olympic marathoner from Canada

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I finally took the time to check out your blog and sign up to follow it! Looking forward to following you on this exciting, inspiring, one-of-a-kind journey! Im using Hal Higdons training plans this time around, too. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete