Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week 3 Day 15

Training is moving right along and I have to say it is going fairly well so far!  I have not missed any runs on my schedule and have kept to the mileage of every run.
Last Saturday was a 7 mile long run and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it went.  I tried a new energy gel, Honey Stinger Gold.  I have to say I liked it!  I found the consistency was thinner then the other gels I have tried in the past.  I did carry water with me in a hand held water bottle and did not like that!  It felt heavy and my elbow hurt from holding it up.  I am working on the solution to that problem.....
Next long run coming up is on Saturday with 9 miles.  I don't think I will have time to get more Honey Stinger so I am going to try Salted Caramel GU.  When it came out last winter, it was quite popular and hard to find...seems to be everywhere now so I am going to give it a try!
Chugging right along! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment