Friday, June 21, 2013

Cold oatmeal....it's what's for breakfast!

I am usually not in the habit of posting about what I eat, but I hope you don't mind me making an exception.  I felt this was too good to not share!

Recently I discovered something new to eat for breakfast...it's called overnight, no cook refrigerator oatmeal!  I found the recipes at  the following website:  http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
So far I have tried blueberry maple oatmeal and banana peanut butter oatmeal.  I preferred the blueberry one but I do have another container of the banana peanut butter oatmeal one to give another try since I do love peanut butter and bananas...especially together!
Basically what you do is mix greek yogurt, oatmeal, chia seeds and some other ingredients in a jar or other container that you could close up and shake, leave in your refrigerator for the night and then you have a yummy, filling breakfast waiting for you the next morning!  And for anyone who is a Weight Watcher like myself, they are usually around 7 points!
There are many different varieties on the website so check it out for yourself...and if anyone is creative you could probably come up with a flavor all your own too!
Until, next time eat well, stay strong and keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment