Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Day for Me

Today I had a rare day when everyone in my house was going in a different direction so I was faced with the decision of what I was going to do with my day...so I did what anyone would choose to do, go for a bike ride! That is what other people choose to do right?
It was perfect weather to go off by myself and explore the trail that is close to my house. I was happy to be getting some use out of my bike that I do love so much but hardly use.

It's not a fancy bike but it gets me around.
For the most part the trail was real easy to ride.  It was bumpy in some places and loose dirt in others but there were also parts that were just right.  I even had to ride over a small pile of mulch and a couple of curbs too.  I was feeling like a bit of a dare devil at times :)
And then I came to this:

Since the trail was out and back I had to go through this twice.  The first time I walked through it finding some solid places to step to avoid the mud and water.  On the way back though I thought I would get a little more daring and tried to ride through it. I discovered I am not very good at riding through the mud and ended up with one wet muddy foot.  Now I know...
I ended up riding a total of 8.27 miles...maybe a bit more then I should have done the first time out but I felt really good knowing that I had done it and really enjoyed the time all to myself just enjoying the ride.  See how happy I was!
Here is the link to my ride:  
http://www.mapmyride.com/view_workout?w=303441219
Oh and YES I did wear my flip belt!!  I took my phone with me and had it on my back and hardly knew it was there!  

Until next time stay strong and keep running...and maybe even riding too!




No comments:

Post a Comment