Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Come back

As many runners who have had injuries know, getting back to where one once was is not always an easy thing.  Last year at this time I was running about the same milage but at a 11 minute pace...now I am at a 12 almost 13 minute pace.  Discouraging?  Yes it is. 
I am working on it though....I am almost at my goal weight, I have been doing strength work at the gym, and I am also doing the Nike+ Kinect training game for X Box 360.  If I get back down to 11 minute miles then I will of course be happy, but if not then I am just going to have to accept that it just might not happen.  I can only do so much.
Next up is the Cinco de Miles race on May 5th which is going to be a blast...ok the run is not going to be too much fun but the after party with The Millennium Running Social Club is!   My goal is to just run the entire race the best of my ability and then move on.
Looking in the future, I have a couple of half marathons I am looking into....The Old Port half marathon in Old Port, Maine in July and then Smuttynose Rockfest in Hampton, NH in October.    There will be other 5Ks sprinkled in there.
So until next time, keep running and stay strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment