Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Runners are Good People

As I have posted about before, I am a member of  the Millennium Running Social Club and I just can't say enough about these people in the club.  They have become some of my best friends and I find that we all really stick together like a family.  Just like any family we have been through many happy fun times together at the races and our weekly social runs, and we have been through some harder times like loss of loved ones (people and pets), and injuries.  We share stories about running, about our lives outside of running (yes and sometimes we even see each other in normal clothes!), offer advice and support too.  I honestly do not believe that the founder of this group, John Mortimer, ever imagined this club would turn into such a close knit group of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment