Thursday, April 21, 2011

Haven't I been here before?

Well, here I am again, stuck in a rut. I finished the half marathon that I trained so hard for and what have I done since then? Not much at all. Why does this keep happening to me? I work so hard, race hard and then slack off. I do have another race coming up too...on May 19th that I need to be ready for.
So in attempt to get myself going again I did something that I have been thinking of doing for a while now....I joined my local running club! Last night I went to a track work out that they have every Wednesday night and I really liked it. I met some great people and did the beginner work out with a couple of other really nice ladies. I am hoping to make it frequently but we will have to see how it fits into my schedule. The thing that I really enjoyed is just having a group of people to talk about running...of course the Boston marathon was a big topic.
So if I combine these workouts with some running on my own, hopefully I will be back on track. Oh and we could use some nicer weather too!

3 comments:

  1. That's cool! I don't even know if we have a running club where I life. I've been running continuously for about a year and a half now, but when it comes to track work and speed things, I am clueless. A beginning work out is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I felt funny because I had to ask for an explanation on what I was supposed to do but everyone was so nice and didn't seem to mind explaining things that it wasn't so bed. Try a google search for a club in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a runing club in my area too- it would be a great motivator right now! (or, an excuse to take time for ME and run... that's tricky right now...)

    ReplyDelete