Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I got my mojo back!!!

Yaaaaa Hoooooo!!!!!  Today I ran 4 miles...not a lot but bear with me and you will understand why this is big for me.  You see last Sunday I was supposed to run 5 miles and failed miserably.....so bad that I wanted to go home and rip up the training plan on my fridge, the registration form (not filled out yet) and another registration form for a local 5K.  I was feeling like a complete failure.  I was feeling like I wanted to completely give up.  AND THEN.....I exchanged some emails with a runner friend of mine...we will call her "the nice", who reminded me that all runners have good runs and bad runs.  She reminded me that it has been extremely humid and hot lately and assured me that some of her runs have been difficult as well.  "The nice" gave me some great advice- put some new songs on my ipod and take it with me on my next run!  I have been running without music since April so I was hesitant to go back but you know what?  It was fun!!!  I went for my run at 5:30 this morning and it is now 2:00 in the afternoon and I am still feeling like I am the greatest runner in the world!!  Hee, hee....I know I am going a bit overboard but all you runners will totally know what I am talking about.
The moral of my story:  Not every run is going to be your greatest run...you have to take the good with the bad.  But when you get a good one, hold on to that feeling for as long as you can!!!!
P.s.  Thanks again "the nice"!!!

2 comments:

  1. Doesnt look like my last post worked. I should really stick to running and forget about the computer! :) Im always happy to help. I love talking running and helping in anyway I can!Thanks for the props in your blog! -The Nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just discovered your blog and think it is great. I'm definately going to follow along! (and good luck with the running too!)

    ReplyDelete