Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Now on to week 3!!!!

Yesterday I started week three of my half marathon training and I am learning a very important lesson....Flexability!!!!!  With my kids being home from school for the summer it is not always easy to fit in my workouts, but I am finding ways.  For example, this past weekend we went to my families lake house for the weekend and I brought my bike with me to get in my cross training day.  The roads are very hilly and my bike doesn't seem to be working right (it is a 20 year old mountain bike) but I got out there and got in my workout.  I felt great afterwards!  It was totally worth it! 
Today was supposed to be a 3.5 mile run but I switched it with tomorrow's workout of 2miles or cross training...I chose the cross training and did the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred while my kids slept.  Worked out perfect.  Tomorrow my husband does not have to leave for work early so I will be able to go out and run 3.5 miles.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment