Friday, March 11, 2011

I am a Runner


Why I run: I run because it makes me feel good. I feel like I can accomplish something when I set out on a run and complete what I set out to do. I do a lot of thinking and come up with good ideas while I am running.

Why I started running: I started running back in 2005. I had weight I needed to lose and was already working out at the gym on a regular basis but I felt I needed a goal for myself. I set a goal of completing a 5K which I did my fist one in May of 2006. I had a couple of people in my life who were runners too and I thought I could do it if they could. Since that first 5K I have completed many 5K races, a 10K race and I am training for my first half marathon in April.

My Dream Race: I would love to do a Disney Half Marathon or a Disney Princess Half Marathon! It just seems like it would be such a fun happy place to run a race!

My advice for anyone starting up running: Buy a Nike+ sportband! This device has been one of the best things I have bought when it comes to running. It measures distance, pace, and time and when I upload all the data into my computer I can see the progress that I have made as a runner. Oh, and buy the right shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment