Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Secret to Hills

One of the biggest challenge (or at least I think so) a runner will face while out on a run is hills. Where I live, they are impossible to avoid. So here is my trick that my sister taught me....
When faced with a hill in front of you, don't look at the top of the hill, focus on the road that is eye level with you. I like to find a crack in the road or something to focus on and I run to that landmark. After I reach that one, I find something new further along to focus on...something that is at eye level, not at the top of the hill. I keep doing this until I reach the top of the hill and most of the time, as long as I have done it right, it will make conquering even the toughest hills feel like nothing at all! Well, almost nothing.....

1 comment:

  1. Okay - I am going to try this on my next run with hills!

    ReplyDelete