Monday, March 21, 2011

13 More Days....Oh My

I cannot believe there are only 13 more days til The Great Bay Half Marathon!!! Right now I feel ready, but I am so nervous that my training is going to suffer this week because even though today is the first day of spring, it is going to snow! And there are two other days that snow or mix is predicted this week! This does not make me happy. Since I ended up with some extra weeks in my training, I had planned for a 12 mile run on Saturday or Sunday but if I don't get all my other runs in this week I am feeling like that might not be such a great plan. But then again, if I don't do one last long run, will I be able to finish 13 miles on race day?!
Oh, I set a new PR for myself....finished a 5K race in 31 minutes! I was really shooting for under 30 minutes but a killer hill at the end of the race squashed that plan....

2 comments:

  1. Hey- I'm running the Great Bay Half too! The weather has indeed been poor and I'm not sure how my long run is going to go today because of that... Awesome job on your 5K PR!
    You'll be able to finish the 13 miles no problem- my "plan" got totally screwed before the 1/2 at the Hamptons and I missed a few long runs and still managed to finish.
    Good luck to you- one of these days a New England Blogger meet & greet definately has to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool that we will be running the same race! I am feeling nervous but also excited! I sure hope the weather is nice....this snow we had today really sucked!
    Good luck to you as well!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete