Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Still going....

Boy do I have some catching up to do!!  Let's see, where to start?
I am currently on Week 7 of my training...it actually feels like it's been longer then that.  Last week was supposed to be a 12 mile long run but we ran into a couple of snags and it did not happen.  In looking back at this, I am thinking it was a good thing.  It gave my ankles and feet a chance to rest before getting back into it.  So this week's long run will be 12 miles.  I am still having some pain in my foot but am still hopeful to get rid of this problem.  Still lots of stretching, icing, and rolling. 
I think another reason why it was a good thing we missed our long run is because I need to remember that it's ok to miss a run every now and then.  I get it stuck in my head that I have to do every single run and that it would be horrible to miss any.
So another thing that has happened it is I bought a new bikini!  I tell you I walked around and around the store with that bikini in my hand and had to force myself to get to the check out.  It was a pretty big step for me.  Hey, I work out very hard and pretty religiously so why shouldn't I show off my bod a bit?!  I will spare you all the strange selfie....I have some work to do on some tan lines.
Now to resist the cheesecake that is sitting in my fridge...wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment