Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon 2013....Done!



Can I just tell you what a rewarding feeling it is to know that all my hard training I did all summer long was totally worth it?!  Not only did I finish the race faster then the time goal I had set for myself, but I beat my time last year by...ready for this....
14 minutes!!!
I finished in 2:20 and feel like I ran a very solid race.  For just about every mile I ran it was a consistent 10:30 pace or right around there.  The weather was not the greatest, but was o.k.  It was overcast for the whole race so there was no sun beating down on us and the rain held off till at least mile 10 (well for me) so it was not the entire race like last year.  Unfortunately because we were so cold and getting wetter by the minute the after party at the race was not very fun...drank half my beer and ate my lobster roll but did not really taste it because I was so cold.  After getting home from the race, my family had prepared a whole feast for myself and two other of my friends who ran the race (first half marathon for both of them)!  
So now what?  That is the question of the week I guess...
So until next time, keep running, stay strong and ROCK ON!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment