Friday, April 1, 2011

Like a ton of bricks.....

Today we have a snow day here at my house....yes on April 1st mother nature got us good. We are all in our pajamas and have finished breakfast. We are all starting to do our own things and I am relaxing on the couch reading "Mile Markers" by Kristin Armstrong (great book by the way...more to come about that) when BAM it hit me like a ton of bricks what I am about to do....I am actually going to run a half marathon! When I started running back in 2005, all I really wanted to accomplish was a 5K. I never would have imagined running would have turned into this. Running has become such a big part of my life. I can honestly say that if I was told by a doctor that I could no longer run, I would be devestated! So as I continue on with my day and into the weekend, trying my best to rest up for Sunday, I am going to thank my lucky stars for my health, the support around me,and these legs of mine that are going to allow me to run 13.1 miles!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be awesome! We got close to a foot of snow here- what a big mess...
    Good luck to you on Sunday and have FUN!

    ReplyDelete