Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DVD review

I just signed up for Netflix and my first DVD to come today was Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.    So, since I did not get in a run this morning, I popped it in and got to work.
So the workout started out nice and easy with some swinging of the arms to warm up the muscles and then BAM!  The intensity kicked up pretty quickly (and this was just level 1...more about that later).  The workout is broken up in to segments...three minutes of strength training, two minutes of cardio, and one minute of ab work.  There are three different circuits each with these segments....am I making sense?  It ends up being a 20 minute workout with a warm up and cool down.  I think the biggest thing I would like to stress is that if you don't like jumping jacks (or if your bladder can't handle them) then this is not the DVD for you.  Jillian is huge on jumping jacks.
The DVD has three different levels, but within each level there are modifications so if say you can't do a full push up, then there is one person who you can follow to make the workout more do able for you.
Overall I give this DVD a rating of:
                                                                                                  out of 5......Couldn't quite give it all 5 because I do not like jumping jacks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment