Thursday, June 17, 2010

Beating the Treadmill Boredom

Today since it was raining out I decided to run on my treadmill at my house (I was so lucky to get it for free from a neighbor) so that I would get in today's workout in my training schedule.  Running on a treadmill for three miles can be very boring so I wanted to share how I manage to get through it.
I started out running at 4mph for one lap (or 1/4 mile).  Next lap I changed the speed up to 4.5mph.  Next lap I went up to 5mph.  The next lap went down to 4mph to recover (yes, 5mph is fast for my short legs).  So basically each lap was a different speed and I threw in one lap where I increased the incline.  Probably the toughest lap was the lap where I put the treadmill up to 6 and ran at that speed for as long as I could...not the full lap.  Let me tell you, I was dripping with sweat by the end of the work out and felt great!!!
I followed up my run with a strength training video I downloaded from itunes that came from Exercise TV (I don't have on demand).  I highly recommend you check these videos out as they are good.  I found it very easy to follow and the instructor was not annoying at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment