Monday, June 9, 2014

Day One














Today is the first day of marathon training.  I feel like I should be celebrating it somehow....
 Oh I know, I'll go for a run!
Today's run is 3 miles...
The rest of the week goes like this:
Tuesday: Rest (legs and cardio at gym)
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest (upper body and cardio at gym)
Saturday:  5 miles
Sunday: Rest

Seeing as how my long run has been 5 miles lately, this week will be a piece of cake!!
Now off to go finish my banana oatmeal pancakes before heading off to work!

2 comments:

  1. Trained for my first last year and had a blast. There were times when I hated it but I loved it more. In fact, to date, my best run ever was my 20 miler. Enjoy the ride and don't give up when it gets tough but listen to your body and rest when it says rest. Looking forward to following you on your journey to 26.2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I look forward to following your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete