Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New Shoes For Old Feet

Hey, guess what?!  I turned 40 and survived!!!  I am not saying I like it, but I am still here.
I completed my last race in my 30s on July 3 and am proud to say that I finished the race in less time then I did last year!!  I finished in 31:20 which ended up being about in the middle of my age group.  This was not an easy race since it was extremely hot and humid.   I went into this race with a stomach ache and feeling like I would be happy to just finish and ended up running much faster then I wanted to....I felt like crap through most of the race which sucked because the final mile is downhill and I had nothing left in me.  But hey, my race photo made it look like I was happy!

Anyways...on to the actual topic of this post and that is new shoes!  Every year for my birthday I get money and this year I decided to spend some of my money on a second pair of sneakers!!
Aren't they pretty?!  Ok so I tried to get a little fancy with the picture collage but I think you can still see them.    These are Brooks Pureflow 2 and are part of Brooks PureProject line of shoes...or minimalist.  I have only worn them on one 2 mile run so far and I felt the run went well, but I also felt as though I was a little more winded then usual.  My plan is to use these on lower mileage runs so that my other pair of sneakers can be worn on longer runs and last me longer.    I am really hoping this works!!
So wish me luck with the new sneakers, and  the new decade.... keep running and stay strong!








No comments:

Post a Comment