Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's My Party and I Will Cry if I Want To



Tonight I am having a bit of a pity party for myself.  I am realizing that my hip is just not going to get better if I continue to run on it.   I talked to my trainer at the gym I go to and he recommended no running for at least three weeks...I think he saw the look of dismay on my face and knew that was not what I wanted to hear from him.  So he recommended low impact cardio machines like the elliptical and the arc trainers followed by 15-20 minutes of stretching.  I should probably continue with upper body weights on top of that but he did not mention that.   I have been wanting to get back into some yoga as well but never could really find the time to fit it in with strength training at the gym and running, so this will be a good time to do that.
Well, gotta get going and do some research for some good stretches and a better yoga video to do in the basement!!
Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment