Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ho, Ho, Ho!!!

I'm the Santa on the Right!


Last weekend, I ran in The Santa Shuffle in Manchester, NH.  This was the second year for this race and let me tell you it was quite the sight to see!  Imagine 2500 Santa's running down the street...along with the Easter bunny, some elves, and one man in only a red speedo.  It's this kind of fun race that makes me glad to be a runner.
All this being said, this race was quite a challenge for me.  The day of the race it was snowing and this made the road quite slippery.  I could feel the snow building up in my treads making it hard to grip the road.  I was also in pain...I pulled my hip flexor in the Fisher Cat 5K on Thanksgiving day and I thought it was healed, but I was wrong.  So it has been a week of complete rest for me hoping to heal and be ready to really get my butt in gear for the new year that is fast approaching. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was slippery! So much fun though!
    Yes, I am going to do the Millennium Mile race on New Years Day...hopefully it won't be slippery that day or we might just be sliding one mile downhill...yikes!

    ReplyDelete