Monday, July 22, 2013

Let the training begin!

Yes, folks, for those of you have been following my blog for a while now, half marathon training has once again begun!  I am going into my second week and it seems to be going well, so far.  I am getting ready for the Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon in October and really hoping it does not rain all day again.  This time around I have a lot of people who are training for this race too so it will be nice to have people to talk to about training and people to meet up with at the race!
Oh, and I survived the Foamfest 5K and had a blast!   It was a very hot day which created some challenges but I managed.  Just wish some of the pools of water we had to go through were colder!
Remember the big slide I was dreading?  Well it turns out they had three of them in the beginning of the weekend and were down to one slide by the time I got there and the wait for the slide was over an hour...so we skipped it.   Needless to say I wasn't really too disappointed.
I am still waiting for the official pictures to be ready, but here are some shots we did manage to get on our own.


Had a blast, I can check this off my "bucket list"!
So until next time, stay clean, or run dirty if you want, stay strong, and keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment