Monday, November 15, 2010

Change of Plan

Payson Center
I know I said my next post was going to be about my recent shopping, but something else seems more important right now....
One of my favorite parts of being a runner and running in races is the great feeling I get when I am able to run a race for a great cause.  Back in May I ran my favorite race....Rock n Race in Concord, NH.  This race is organized every year to benefit the Payson Cancer Center at Concord Hospital.  I have done this race a few times and have always gone with a team of runners that I have put together.  This year my team "Moms with Mom-entum" raised enough money to have a tribute brick inscribed with whatever we wanted in a courtyard at the cancer center.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to go and see the brick and took some pictures of it.
My team's brick


The brick is in honor of my grandmother, my aunt, and anyone else from my team who has lost loved ones to cancer....and it is also honoring those who we know are battling cancer or have fought the battle and won.
 O.k. so maybe next time I will actually write about my shopping......
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment